Thursday, February 1, 2018

You’re Never Too Broken

Gentle tugs.... Words that pull. Going through my life like it’s routine.  Are we meant to be stuck in the mundane? Are we so caught up in getting things done that we miss what we are called for? God has a way of showing up in all the off guard moments. Catching you unprepared......Knowing you knew all along, you were aware that something or someone needed your attention. But some how we think it’s easier to push the need aside. Afraid to rush in and offer a hand, a heart, an ear...Maybe someone else will rush in and help. Maybe if we ignore it, it will disappear.

Things don’t just disappear, they get buried.....And the further they are buried the more the pain grows. The more you miss the blessing. The more you stay stuck. The more the broken break apart. Hurt leads to anger. Anger leads to pain. Pain leads to illness. Illness leads to death. The death begins spiritually.

I hope for my eyes to stay open. I long for my heart to always feel empathy......Compassion is helpful, but oh to feel what others are actually going through. To feel their pain, their hurt and to have the brokenness actually move you into their lives when they need someone the most. I don’t ever want to miss that call. I don’t ever want to pass the blessing because I am stuck in my self made every day mundane routine.

Whatever you do do it with Joy as you are serving the Lord........

When the brokenness of this life cuts deep and you’re not willing to be what they need.....Then why am I here? Why are we here? A Mama’s prayer became so powerful. A phone call to let me know That miracles do happen and  fervent  prayers get answered. And sometimes when I fall short, God swoops in and picks up the broken shards that I seemed to have missed. It’s moments like this that God opens my eyes and makes me aware of how I have fallen short......And I am called to be present, aware, and to use my gift of empathy as a tool to serve.

It’s moments like this.....the ones that remind you of your very own brokenness.....your very own shattered glass. When He swooped down and picked up every last one of my broken pieces and made my life into a beautiful reminder of His unfailing Love. It’s looking back at all the moments He stepped in and placed an angel in my path. For there were definitely roads that should of led to a spiritual and physical death for me......

It’s those memories of a broken girl who went looking for acceptance in all the wrong places that leads me to love on the very girls I’m called to teach on Sunday....It’s what drives me.....And I’m thankful God rushes in and reminds me of why I am here....Thankful for a Mama’s heart who was willing to confide in me. Willing to share her story. There is always hope! There is no one that is ever too shattered that God can’t use in His beautiful mosaic! I’ve seen the miracles happen time and time again....I’m one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment