Saturday, August 26, 2017

Be The Best Gift You Were Given

I have to say that I would rather write these words with ink...I'd rather hold a pen in my hand and make each letter visually appealing. I love the way certain letters appear on paper....Handwriting has always been something I loved to do. As a young girl I would make lists, and write poems. Tell my life on journal paper. I had my favorite pens. Still do....

I love putting words together. Making them come to life with each and every stroke of the pen. Bringing you, the reader, into my world and into my thoughts. So much so that everything you read is so vividly real that you will want to keep reading......

I believe God sends each and every one of us to earth with a gift. A gift that becomes a passion and that passion used for His Glory.

Now I'm not trying to imply that writing is my gift.....I'm more grammatically incorrect than one should be. BUT I will say it has been my passion. And if ever there were something that I could do to captivate you, the reader,  to see Christ as I see Him, I would use up this God given passion till I had not an ounce of it left.

The other day Butterfly girl asks me why I've stopped coming here. Why have I  left this place abandoned? I had no answer for her then....Truth is, I really didn't know how to tell her that my life seems all undone. And these fleeting moments touch down like whirlwinds going 90 miles an hour. I have no time to catch up. Can't seem to catch my breath. And the words don't flow when life seems so rushed.

Losing loved ones and gaining a daughter. Soon to be gaining a son. I look around it seems the people and places keep changing. I'm changing too. Middle age has crept in ever so swiftly. I have goals to be well seasoned like my Mentors. I have dreams to grow old as gracefully as the fall leaves drift in all their colorful splendor to the creek bed below. Only to end up by the bank side to rest for the long winter ahead.

I was given a gift last night by a dear friend. Little did she know how much that gift truly would mean to me. Sometimes we just need a nudge, a little reminder to keep living as though your Gift/Passion drove you to be the very best God's girl you can be. The very best Mama, the very best Writer, The very best Wife, The very Best Friend, The very Best Cow girl......What ever hat you're putting on at any given moment do it the very best you can! And it will always be enough! Beloved we are not called to be perfect. We are called to be present. We are called to be His. And when this life gets to be too much Rest in His Perfect Peace......

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

The gift you ask?  A beautiful Pen and Pencil set. With words to encourage me to keep writing.  A gift for just one of my "Passionate Hats" Thank you M. I love you MORE!



No comments:

Post a Comment